Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Best and the Worst

Last night we sat down to dinner. Me and the kids. As a family when we eat, we do this little thing, the best and the worst. It's what was the best thing that happened in your day, what was the worst.
Blakely said her worst was when her friend wouldn't sit with her. Her best was the hug I gave her when she was sad. The thought came to me right then. I can impact her life that much just by giving her comfort. WOW!
It just proves we have so much responsibility. It makes me want to be a better mother.
I hope to have my kids look back and say that I was a good mom. I want to yell less and laugh more. I want to enjoy every second.
These little people are my life. And last night it proved I'm a huge part of theirs.
So today I will worry about what I've done with my kids and not so much how clean my house is. So if you happen to stop by and my house is filthy but I have smiling kids you will know I've done my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment