Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What do you call it?

This happened a few days ago. I wasn't going to blog about it. But decided it was too funny not to.
The other morning I was getting Porter ready for the day. As soon as he gets naked his hands go straight for his twigs and berries. Mothers with little boys know exactly what I'm talking about. It starts at such a young age too. Tyler already goes for his tallywacker as soon as his diaper comes off. They strum it like there playing a banjo. Maybe that's what I should start calling it?
So he's pulling, strumming, fiddeling. And this is how the conversation goes.
"Quit touching your peeps!" mom says.
"I'm not, I'm touching my Birdies." Porter says.
"Your Birdies?" mom has to bend down to look. She is perplexed by what birdies are.
"Ya, there's eggs in here!" he says. As he shows me his berries.
It's a little disturbing. What does he think happens when they hatch? How does he think they got there? Do I explain to him what they are or just let him think he has a pet we don't have to take care of? Do I tell him to be careful with them or they could crack?
Should we now rename his covered parts and call them "birdies".
It also reminded me of Cody. When he was about Porters age. He was in the tub. And was exploring himself, once again. He asked me why he had eyeballs down there. Again do I tell him yes. When God made boys he had a extra set of eyeballs and decided to stick them down there, so he didn't waste anything.
I hope you got a good laugh! I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment