Saturday, October 17, 2009

Porter's Funny!!


Wow! It's been forever since I blogged last. Sorry!
I have no good excuse, I wasn't busy the entire summer. I just haven't thought about blogging. So, I guess this will be a jumble of things that have happened. And things that are happening and going to happen. I'll start by telling you about the funny things Porter has been saying. Whitney told me I need to write these things down. I guess that is what blogging is for, right?
The story starts with Porter not being able to go to the family parties that Dave's family has on Sundays. The reason he wasn't able to go is he wouldn't get ready. I told him he wouldn't get to go if he didn't and so I stuck to my word and wouldn't let him go. I think he was a little surprised I did. Because, I'm one of those inconsistent parents.
So, he was so upset crying on the stairs. I was not sympathetic. I started teasing asking him over and over again if he was hungry and what he wanted for dinner. Finally out of frustration he yells "CIGARETTES!! ALL I WANT ARE CIGARETTES!!"
You have to love 3 year olds...Dave was saying to the kids "Moms a champion". Porter says "No she's The Beast of Fire".
Where he comes up with these things I'll never know.
Then we were driving on a dirt road. Through a canyon and Porter asked if we were going camping. I said No, but were dropping you kids off and you'll be camping by yourselves.
Now the pretense to this story is that the kids were being HORRID. They were fighting with each other. Whining, crying, yelling. I am surprised me and Dave still have any hair left.
We get to the top of the mountain and there is a big cliff and Dave says, "This is where the parents throw there naughty kids off. We should push you guys off".
Yes, he said this and I'm telling him even though your joking your giving our kids bad ideas. That is the disclaimer. If your reading this thinking you should call social services.
Later that night we are over at the in laws and I overhear Porter say " My parents are trying to get rid of us. They are going to push us off a mountain and kill us!"
I guess at 3 you don't know you're being teased or what sarcasm is.
Hopefully he doesn't think we are going to smother him in his sleep. The poor kid will never be at peace...
He is so easy to please. For his birthday money was tight for us so, we were only able to afford small things like cap guns, handcuffs, and other small toys..
He LOVED it. He kept saying "Thanks mom for all my presents". For him it was enough. Oh, how I love this guy :) He had a great birthday and I'm thankful..
He also is the sweetest person ever. He is always telling me I'm amazing and a genius. That I'm the BEST. He's always telling me he loves me.. I'm so dang LUCKY!!
I know there is probably tons more I am forgetting.
When I blog it makes me kind of sad. Thinking of how fast time is going by. How fast my kids are growing. And how I am going to miss these times and want them back. Here's to relishing in the moment and living them to the fullest!!
P.S. I couldn't figure out how to rotate his picture. (I guess I'm not a genius, LOL).

No comments:

Post a Comment